Position: Communications Coordinator (part-time) 15-20 hours/week: Salary:
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Location: Delaware. Flexibility to work remotely
The Southern Delaware Chorale is a non-profit Choral organization in Sussex County, Delaware.
This group was created to bring quality choral music to southern Delaware and surrounding
areas, providing singers with the opportunity to enhance their musical knowledge and skills and
share a love of choral music. The Chorale provides opportunities for High School and College
singers to perform challenging music beyond what they are offered in academic settings. Three
concerts are presented annually, Holiday Concert in December, Black History Festival in
February and Spring Concert in April or May. The main genre is classical.
These events are supported, in part, by a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state
agency, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts. The Division promotes
Delaware arts events on http://DelawareScene.com.
The Board of Directors of the Southern Delaware Chorale seeks a part-time Communications
Coordinator whose responsibilities will encompass all areas of communications and advertising,
including but not limited to: SDC website, social media posts, assisting with the ads campaign,
contacting arts organizations for reciprocal ads, newspaper articles and press releases,
interviews with radio or television, and various fundraisers. They will also serve as an integral
member of the Board of Directors and will work closely with the Artistic Director, Assistant
Director and President.
This job is fit for a person who is….
- A self-starter who is aware that working for a small non-profit means stepping up and
taking initiative, working independently with direction.
- A good manager with their own time, positive, team oriented and works well with
- Proficient writing skills
- Socially outgoing, comfortable in speaking with people and promoting the group.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher
and all forms of social media outlets.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Keep SDC website up to date.
- Publish a newsletter to be sent out at least annually
- Contact arts organizations for reciprocal ads in the season program booklet; working
closely with the Ad Chair in the Ad campaign.
- Write press releases for rehearsal start up and upcoming concerts.
- Plan and initiate fundraising plans for the year in collaboration with the Board of
Directors such as DoMore24 Delaware.
- Attend DDOA Arts Summit, events through DANA and Delaware Arts Alliance.
- Write thank you notes after the concert, letter to the editor follow up articles, etc.
- Contact radio, TV stations and print outlets for possible interview, performance
appearance , advertising.
- Arrange for recording of all concerts.
- Invite media to concerts
- Write a press release regarding the Lee Mitchell Scholarship program. After audition
and selection, announce in media the winners of the Lee Mitchell Scholarship program
with information obtained from the Scholarship Committee, Artistic Director and
Assistant Director (bio and photo)
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors
- Other duties involving communications at the Board’s discretion
Please submit a response that includes
1. Your resume
2. Two references
3. Police Background Check
4. A cover letter or narrative (1 page maximum) that describes
* Any experience or connection you have with the arts, culture, communications
* Your general knowledge and/or connection to Delaware and its various
Please submit the packet above via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the subject line: Communications Coordinator with your submission.
Deadline for submission: April 1, 2024
Job would begin July 1, 2024.
This organization is supported, in part, by a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state agency, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts. The Division promotes Delaware arts events on www.DelawareScene.com
Copyright © 2023 Southern Delaware Chorale - All Rights Reserved.