Applications for New Lee Mitchell Scholarships are now open!
To Submit a Choir Director Recommendation Click Here
(or e-mail recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org)
After careful consideration and discussion, I regret to inform you that the board has voted to cancel the February concert on 2/27/22 due to the surge in COVID related outbreaks. Other choral groups are making the same decision at this time in order to keep everyone safe. Current state guidelines recommend that only essential public gatherings be held and we all know that hospitalizations are on the rise.
We are, however, going to begin rehearsing for our spring concert earlier. Here is the plan.
1. Spring music pick-up will be at Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church on Tuesday, January 25, 2022 from 6:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M. Barbara Keefer will have your music ready to hand out. Beginning this semester, you will pay for your music when you pick it up. Cost for the music is $20, Checks can be made out to Southern DE Chorale. You will not have to pay for any of the music from the SDC library.
2. All new members welcome. The dues for half the year is $60. Please bring your vaccination card on that night if you’re new. Members that did this in the fall do not need to do this again. All members need to be fully vaccinated with at least 2 vaccines.
3. We will begin ZOOM rehearsals either on 2/1/22 or 2/8/22 with the spring music. This will help us learn our parts a bit earlier and provide an opportunity for us to be together.
4. We are planning on making Tuesday, 2/15/22 our target date for getting back together in person at Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church in Georgetown, perhaps with masks for a bit. This is our goal but may need to be changed due to the numbers. We are hoping that the surge will decline by this time, but one can only hope. If we cannot get together in person by then, we will continue ZOOM for a bit.
5. Attendance on ZOOM will be flexible for those who had planned to travel for January/February.
We are all very sad to have to make these changes to our schedule but feel that it is necessary at this time for our safety. Thank you for your continued interest and support of the Southern DE Chorale. When this is over, I really think we need to have a BIG party!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Colin or myself. Stay safe and we’ll see you on 1/25/22 when you pick up your music.
Denise Adkins, President
Southern DE Chorale